Friday, April 8, 2011

EOC Week 1: Great Customer Service

I want to share with you a great customer service experience that I have encountered recently. Considering that I need to develop my own workstation at home for all my work, I have, a little ashamed, seemed to be on a shopping spree for a few of audio equipment lately. I contemplate on the pros and cons of buying equipment whether it's a necessity or a desire, because in this economy, you have to triple think about spending money. With the new release of Pro Tools 9, I decided to crossgrade from LE to 9. Within that same week I ordered new studio monitors (Yamaha SM50ms) which I lacked, and also bought a new set of headphones (Sony MDR-7506) for mixing. To buy all these new and exciting toys, I decided to purchase them through Sweetwater.com. What I didn't know before I made these purchases with them for the first time is the customer service they provide. Shortly after I clicked "checkout", I had already received an email from the Senior Sales Engineer letting me know I needed to show proof that I am a student to be able to get the student discount for the crossgrade. He then also called me and left a message explaining the same thing verbally. I called him back and settled everything. He was extremely nice and helpful. Within days upon my arrival with all my goodies, I have received THREE calls from him randomly to check up on me and that all that I purchased was working fine. "Customer relationships and value are especially important in today's tough economic times, when more frugal consumers are cutting back and spending more carefully" (Marketing 4). I believe that this is true and through my experience with Sweetwater, I have their trust and value their direction with customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment