Thursday, April 21, 2011

EOC Week 3: My Demographics

I fall into the category group that's called "Millennials". This gap of people were born between 1977 and 2000. I was born in 1988, a little less than the middle of that group. According to what we are known for from our book, we love and are fascinated with technology. We "have in common utter fluency and comfort with digital technology" (pg 17). This is absolutely 100% true. It all started when I was little when I knew how to navigate through a computer. From then on technology was becoming more advanced and popular where satellite TVs and cellphones and iPods boomed right in front of my eyes and it was normal to easily become aware of the newest technology and how easily I was able to navigate through all these devices. Our world is so wrapped up with the newest and fastest technology that there's no way anyone, even I, could survive without it. In my opinion, technology is great but unfortunately it's something that we depend so much on that slowly us as human beings are deteriorating from having our full ability to speak orally correctly. One thing that my generation lacks, including myself, is communication and interaction. We'd rather text or email instead of expressing ourselves verbally and we do struggle with that because of technology and the way we grew up with it, having it constantly be our communication medium. How many times do you have to check your phone within 5 mins? I know I check it too many times to count, just to see if anything new has happened even though you know nothing has. What's going to become of our future? How much lazier are we going to become because of how technology affects us? As much as I LOVE technology, I also hate it equally for all those reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment